Tuesday, April 15, 2008

10 Day Countdown

Well, I'm down to 10 days before heading off to Nanaimo...and let me tell you I'm scared shitless.

It's not because I'm 39 and most of the people there will be young adults. It's not because of the goings on in Basic, kit and quarters fiasco's, humiliation, and prompting to do better. It's not because of the fact that everything will be new and you'll basically be trained like a 4 year old for 10 weeks.

No...it's because over the past month I have been going to the gym, walking, jogging, and working out...and I still cannot manage to meet my Expres Test requirements.

I just can't seem to get the required push ups, I'm finding it very difficult to get built up enough to pull them all off. I mean granted I'm not nearly in the best of shape and I've been told that they'll take care of that for me, lol, but the not being able to get these push ups done is really bothering me. The sit ups I can just barely manage, the run I can do so far, and the grip test I can do. I'm not really concerned with the step or beep test either.

I guess I'll just have to do my best and then follow whatever they set out for me to do...but man is this going to be embarrassing for me.

- Rob

2 comments:

Ted said...

They'll whip you into shape in no time so stop the stressing, personally I'd be more worried about being screamed at at the crack of dawn. But then I'm seriously not a morning person and i don't take too kindly to authority either. Images of a "police academy" type atmosphere now... maybe it wouldn't be too bad ;-)

Doooh_head said...

Hi Seth, WOW apparently its been awhile since I've visited your blog. sorry about that. You're int he military? WTF? When did all of that happen? (reading your earlier entries...)