Friday, July 06, 2012

Hitting the Dating Scene...Let the Terror Begin!

So, the time has come for me to start dating again. It's been so long since I've hit those waters and I'm a bit intimidated by the sharks out there. I think I'm going to start out with internet dating on sites such as Lavalife, POF, and others just to get into the groove of things.

The girls are older now and understand more about the dating ritual and have given me the thumbs up. I'm finding it a bit difficult to convince myself that there is someone out there with the same likes, interests, and attitudes that would mesh with my own.

I have made a commitment to myself that I will not visit "Pick-up" joints or the like. What I once recall as a fun and enjoyable thing to do, I now consider terrifying and full of potential awkward moments. So, I will update as it happens.
Here we go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your profile isn't so fun anymore. Where's the "6' tall and athletic" stuff you used to advertise? Or did that not work? How's the dating going? Must have met quite a few ladies since last July, eh?