Monday, December 10, 2007

Infamy and Pillows (repost)

I'm reposting this in this blog, because it cracks me up.

It started out innocently enough. I was tired from the days work and decided to take a manly type nap (Emphasis on Manly type Nap...not one of those wussy naps). The girls were playing downstairs so I ventured down to let them know that I was going to take a nap for a bit and to wake me if they needed me. "Yes, Daddy," was the unanimous answer.

It was at that point I should have realized that evil was afoot.

I wandered back up stairs, and lay down in my nice comfy bed. I hadn't slept much the past few nights for some reason and it had caught up to me pretty harshly. So before I knew it I was out and dreaming of nude jello wrestling...err...ignore that.

The first I realized I was under attack was the woomf of a pillow to the side of the head, a few feathers lodged in my nose causing me to sneeze crazily. The second pillow caught my sneezing frame right in the solar plexis, and a third to the side of my face.

The laughter finally brought me around long enough to be aware of the injustice being dealt upon me. Another smack to the forehead and one to the nose and I was up grabbing wildly for a weapon. My hands grasped a lamp....errr...put that back down, the damage would have been severe, and picked up a stuffed giraffe. *note*....it's not mine...it was Marrissa's...errr...she left it in there....yeah...that's it.

I aimed carefully while being battered and let fly my first sortie. It missed. I got creamed again by a flurry of strikes. One of the pillow corners smacked me in the eye and my eyes were watering. I couldn't see at all. Next thing I know the attack is over, the air is full of feathers, and the silence was spooky. I heard the thumping of feet, the slamming of a door, and the locking of the bathroom lock. The quiet giggling of the girls told me they were in hiding and with that the battle was over, and I was defeated.

However......the War had just begun.

Viva la Daddy!!!!

1 comment:

Evilcc said...

i love it! sounds like the evil twosome at my house!