Saturday, March 18, 2006

It Comes In Threes

Well, they say that bad luck comes in threes, and I'm on number two already.

I was supposed to go to Boston to write an exam this morning, a pretty big deal at work. Well when I got to the airport they wouldn't allow me to board the plane because my birth certificate didn't match the name on the ticket...let me explain.

When I was 7 my Mother remarried, and along the way we took on my step-fathers name. It never really occurred to me that it was an issue because I seldom use my birth certicate and I've yet to have any problems. However, on the one day that I actually need it, they turned me down.

So not only did I miss my flight (which cost the company 1300 bucks), I missed the exam (which cost 496USD), my only excuse is that they wouldn't allow me to board because of the above explained reason. So, pretty much next week I'll most likely be looking for a new job.

Then later today, I got a killer deal on a new treadmill, $1000 dollar treadmill for $20 bucks. I paid the lady, and ran my buddy back to where his truck was to pick it up, when we got back some guy in a minivan is taking my treadmill. So I yell, "Hey there buddy, I've already paid for that."

Apparently, the lady double sold the treadmill, and this guy had the minivan there. She apologized profusely, but I'm still out a killer deal. Needless to say I was a bit miffed at it.

Now, I'm just waiting for the hammer to fall. I'm pretty sure it'll be my job loss, which wouldn't be altogether that bad for me. I've been wanting out of that job for awhile now. I already have other positions opened up, and you know what, I don't think I'd mind going on unemployment for a few months. I really could use the break.

One good thing that has happened lately is I have met a like minded lady. The problem. She lives about 2 hours away which makes dating difficult. She's a sweety though, and I really really like her. I'm doing my best to try and arrange times to meet up but it's a pain in the ass. Especially, those times you could really use someone to be with both emotionally, physically and err..cuddly. I'd really like to see this work out though, so I'll make every effort.

The girls are doing great, but lately they have been fighting like cats and err..more cats. I'm honestly considering picking up boxing gloves and letting them go at it until they are tuckered out, lol. Either that or find a tranquilizer gun.

Well this is going to be my new blogging home for awhile, so hopefully I will see some of my ole blogging friends around. I will be making more of an effort to keep track of their lives and mayhem. Never know, I may have plenty of spare time shortly. hehe.

So if you see this, send me a heya.

Take care all,

Sethalos

3 comments:

Cyn said...

wasn't impressed by spaces either. have my primary blog here and one at EFx2..http://cynter.efx2.com/
just saw your comment at Bitzky's (da moomin!). hope to see ya around.
Cyn

Libertine said...

I've got my explicit blog here, as well as the one on efx. Click on my name to visit the Blogspot blog.

FindingHeart said...

Sorry bout the flight crap. Hopefully, they cancled your ticket BEFORE the cavity search started. :)

Found a good Blogger template page with eaily manipulated code. Took me a while, but had fun with it nonetheless.