Friday, March 24, 2006

Let the Relaxation Begin

Well, it's done. I spoke with my doctor yesterday and he wrote me about a note giving me an inedefinate amount of time off from the job for medical reasons. He's a bit upset at me that it took this long for me to do, actually. He thinks that I may have permanently damaged myself.

Of course, work is extremely pissed off that I am taking stress leave (for medical reasons) and I'm sure they are looking for every possible way to let me go now. I used to love that job, teaching the students, learning new things, and the camaraderie that went along with working with a single bunch of people for 3 years. We have alot of laughs during that time. But, things change, the company went through a takeover by SkillSoft (Previously SmartForce), our management was so concerned about the bottom line (financial) that they forgot to take into account the employee. We use very out of date equipment (replaced by equipment that was equally bad, only newer), 15" CRT Monitors that the dinosaurs generally used (very hard on the eyes), a pention for never giving praise but quickly firing off emails if something was wrong, no management interaction, untrained management, and the list goes on. The workplace went from an enjoyable place to be, to a place you dread going to every morning, wondering what email would be in your inbox telling you that you fucked up some how.

Not to mention all of those, but the writing of certification exams every 6 weeks. I mean, people take college courses to learn this stuff and it takes them a year usually for one or two certifications, we do these every 6 weeks. Do you think we have adequate resources, hell no, they buy us a book, and tell us we can only study at home...not at work. The company won't pay for technology lectures that come around to help keep us in the know, either. There are so many things about this company that I hate now, that I can't even possibly get into it all. Suffice as to say, that I will be looking for something else immediately. Hopefully, I'll find something of interest. Until then, i'm taking time off to relax and get my health back up.

I still have alot of tests that I have to go through to be sure that my heart and arteries are ok. I'm on a diet now (forced this time), hehe. So at least that's a good thing.

I haven't had a chance to talk to my special lady friend now for about 4 days, no answers to me emails either, so I'm beginning to think that maybe this was all one sided. I'll keep up hope though and maybe it can work. We're only about 2 hours away from each other, so it can't be all the distance.

Well, there is where i'm at today.

-Sethalos

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seth!!!!!!

I just saw this link on Doooh's page!! Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooo!!!

Buzz buzz me on msn one of these days. I'll look for you there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I found you, Seth!!!

I just noticed this link on Doooh's blog. I'll buzz you on msn...IF IF IF you ever turn the dayum thing on again!!!!!

Talk to you soon!!!!

Anonymous said...

Seth!!!!!!

I just saw this link on Doooh's page!! Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooo!!!

Buzz buzz me on msn one of these days. I'll look for you there!!!!

HistoryGoddess

The Moomin said...

Change is a part of life. I really recommend reading Spencer Johnson's "Who Moved My Cheese?". It's a very wise and accessible book.

I am still enthusiastic about my work. Let's see if I'll become disillusioned with time.

FindingHeart said...

Ah, what the hell. Gives ya more time to blog, right? ha! Rest up and get the health back.

Peace!