Thursday, January 17, 2008

Officer Training

I completed my final interview for Officer training yesterday. It went very well and I am going to be receiving the go ahead. I have selected the Navy, MARS Officer, which is Maritime Surface and Subsurface Officer...meaning I'll be a sea going Officer. Originally I had intended to go into the Air Force but that trade was closed to me, and this was my second choice.

Sometime in February or March I will go up in front of the Naval Officers Board for an interview and selection. At that time I will need to pass selection and hopefully be given the opportunity to advance into the training. If not, I will be considered as an Artillery officer.

The challenge that lies ahead for me now is to get back into shape and to begin training. I plan on starting an easy schedule of walking/running, pushups, situps, weight training, and some aerobics to do so. I'll start out slow and work my way up so I don't end up hurting myself.

I'm also considering not taking the new job I'm supposed to start with on Friday. I'm not sure if I want to start driving to Saint John every morning. 1.5 hours is quite the travel time there and back.

We will see what happens today though and I'll make my decision.

-Robert


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: