Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where's our Canadian Ron Paul?

I'm a Canadian, and I'm extremely patriotic and loyal to my Country and the Canadian people but I have to tell you the most exciting person that I have seen in the past year is an American, and his name is Ron Paul.

As a Canadian I take a very serious look at world politics, the economy, warfare, environment, and injustice. I have been watching the American debates on TV between both the Republicans and the Democrats and I have come to the conclusion that the only one of these candidates that has any real new ideas, vision, and drive is Ron Paul.

This guy has me excited about American Politics and I'm a Canadian. His world vision and ideas are staggeringly simple and straight forward. He is a libertarian running on the Republican ticket and he is a strict constitutionalist. Now, even though from my Canadian perspective I do not agree with some of what I know of the constitution of the USA (the right to carry firearms for one), I respect his stand and drive to keep the US on a path of non-interventionism, his ideas on the free-market, his vision for boosting the economy, and his thoughts on freedoms and rights.

I've listened to Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney, John McCain, and Rudolph Giuliani, and I have to say that they are no different than the present leader and they have no clear understanding of just how deep a hole the US is in economically and morally. On the other side, you have Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, John Edwards, and Chris Dodd who are all so enmeshed into the current political structure that even if they do win they will not have the ability to pull the States out of the problems they are currently facing. I do have to say that I like Bill Richardson, Joe Biden, and Dennis Kucinich on the Dems side because they do have the ability, if elected, to push aside the lobbyists and make changes...I just don't believe that they will change enough to create a stable economy or even change the foreign policy to start winning back their Allies.

No, Ron Paul is clearly the only voice that is speaking out in terms of saving the US from itself. He's the only one that is really giving the American people straight talk and telling them how it is, where they stand, how the rest of the world views the US, and how much they are losing globally in respect and standing. He has a clear view of how to solve the problems and has the strength of views to back them up. What more could you possibly ask your leader for: A clear and decisive view and belief on how to run the Country. No...Flip-flopping. The great part about all of this is that his record backs him up. I defy anyone to show the same for any of the other candidates. ANY of them.

Consistently he is targeted by the other candidates and bullied or left out of debates. Fox news (the joke that they are) had the audacity to not even allow him to attend a debate they held...I mean where in the world do they get off telling the American people whose views they can and cannot listen to, and the American people just sat back and allowed it to happen. This is a perfect example of how far the loss of freedoms have been taken in the US. It also strikes me as relevant that the only real time he's been given to answer questions and support his platform were with PBS or Town hall meetings that were televised. He is proving that the only really free media anymore is that of the internet, and really, how much longer until the US starts to censor and filter that content for its people.

So, why can't we have a Ron Paul in Canada. Why can't we have someone that will stand up and shake the very foundations of our thoughts and make us look outside of the box. Why can't we find someone like Ron Paul that will give our youth hope, vision of the future, and leadership? Our current administration isn't doing too poorly of a job, but let's be realistic how much longer will they be the Gov't as a minority such as it is. Piss off the liberals and a vote will be called.

I envy the Americans at this point for having such a man like Ron Paul that has excited, not only the young Americans, but youth everywhere in the world. I have spoke to friends of mine in Australia, Germany, England, and Sweden that feel the same as I do. Where are our Ron Pauls, where are our vocal leaders that wish to change the status quo and have the trust to be honest with us and let us see where the real issues lie.

- Robert


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering the same thing...(sigh)