Sunday, May 08, 2011

Mothers Day (My Mom)

On this Mothers Day, I had thought back to when I was a child and the difficulties that my mother had gone through.

She had married an abusive man and suffered at his hand, she became a single parent early on and had no high school education in order to find well paying jobs and so she struggled through some of the most difficult jobs that payed nothing and still managed to provide for us with a smile on her face. During those rough times she also helped care for her younger brothers and younger sister.

Because of the divorce and myself being the oldest child at the time, I became a hard kid to live with. I fought with the other two children, I ran away, and everytime something didn't go my way I threatened to run away to my fathers. Until of course she called my bluff and sent me there, and after two weeks I had enough of that and came back, haha.

My mother suffered the loss of her youngest son Billy when he was murdered by 3 Canadian soldiers in Germany. This took a toll on my mom like nothing else could have. She was devastated and yet still found the will to make sure the rest of us were comforted.

My mother is a rock, she helped me raise two of my own daughters, she kept on a brave face through the losses of her Brothers who had passed away far too soon due to heart attacks or cancer. She was the rock when her own father passed away a month ago, and made sure that everyone present at the funeral felt comforted.

She is the epitamy of what parents strive to be, loving, kind, unselfish, and always dependable.

I am proud and honored that she is my mom, that I lucked out in the game of life to have someone this special to raise and teach me the ways of the world.

I love you mom...no words can truly sum up the vastness of the love I have for you and the respect that I will always hold for you.

God Bless.

A blessing and prayer tribute to all mothers

"Blessed be all mothers
Who have come into our lives
Whose kindness, care and loving
Remain with us to guide.

Your inspiration in us
Made us strive in every way
Especially to remember
Helping others makes our day.

Mothers, this little tribute
Flows directly from my heart
You are so loved and cherished
Invaluable, one and all, you are.

By: Susan Kramer

-Rob

No comments: