Monday, March 10, 2008

Day 7: NOAB - Goodbyes and Flights

Although we didn't have near as much time to meet everyone and to get to know those that were there, we did meet most and a better bunch of people I couldn't have dreamed to have met. There were so many different backgrounds, people from all over the country, and all of us bonded by a unique experience and the success of a very stressful event. We swapped emails and facebook information and chatted and talked as much as we could before everyone left.

We were the last to board our flights and all went well on the way back until we reached Halifax. There was a huge snowstorm in Fredericton and the runway was a mess, so they cancelled our flight and the next wasn't available for two days. So we all gathered up and rented a car to go back to Fredericton. We ended up losing one of our party as we were rushing to the rental agency and we eventually had to leave without him. I felt terrible about that, but after looking for him and trying to find him we had no time left.

I arrived home and hugged my girls and told them all about the experience. Before I knew it I was fast asleep fully dressed on my bed.

This experience was full of all sorts of emotions, events, excitement, and stress. I would do it all again in a second.

1 comment:

Ted said...

Congratulations!!!

I enjoyed reading your re-caps, you sound so excited and it comes through so strongly in these entries.

Good Luck Seth! Big changes ahead for you and the girls but I'm sure you've made the right decision for you all.