Saturday, March 29, 2008

Workout: Pain and Pleasure

So, as I have been doing I've been working out a bit when I have time. I started ramping it up a bit yesterday so that I'm walking 2km's in the morning with my dog on the nature trail, then another 3km's on the treadmill. I intersperse the walking on the treadmill with some jogging and trying to make that a bit less of an issue for me.

I've also started doing my situps and pushups, I can already make the Express Test requirements, but just barely, haha. I am one of those that is truly out of shape, I lose my breath running to the bathroom, let alone 13km forced marches..hehe.

So, basically for the next month I plan on doing the following to try and get me ready for basic:

3 reps of 25 situps (extending the amount/rep as I go)
3 reps of 25 pushups (extending the amount/rep as I go)
5km's Walking/Running

Weight Training
Biking (depending on the weather)

Hopefully that will allow me to not completely collapse on my first day after our 5:10am physical training.

My legs, arms, chest, and shoulders are already protesting the exercise but it also feels great and it's a nice feeling to have a bit more energy.

So...hopefully I stay motivated and do this. It's so very hard to make yourself go through this, even though you know you absolutely have to. I've let it go way to long when I should have been working out much more effectively earlier.

Well...here we go again...workout time.

Seth

No comments: