Friday, March 28, 2008

The Offer and The Dates

Well, I finally got my offer to join the Military as a M.A.R.S. Officer. I accepted and will be sworn in on April 3rd. I will then be sent for my Phase I training (Basic) on April 26th and it starts the 27th.

I'm very excited about my new career choice, I'm excited about the opportunities that it presents to me and I'm excited that I'm finally excited again about something.

My previous jobs I excelled at but I always felt I was missing something in my life, some sense of accomplishment. Since I decided to join the military and I did the initial Aptitude tests, then the NOAB, and now the Offer...I have felt like I have made a huge accomplishment and it's just the beginning. I cannot wait to get my training over with so that I can get on with the actual job.

I'm looking forward to participating in a team environment and to meet those going through it with me.

I have also taken steps to offer an olive branch to my ex by agreeing to let the girls spend two months with her in Thunderbay, Ont. I think it would be great for the girls to finally get to visit their mom, and I trust that she is now in a state in which she can look after them as well.

This is really turning out to be a great year.

No comments: